Monday, November 8, 2010

A delightful, yet all too short, weekend

Once upon a time, in the year of our Lord, two thousand three, I began my college career at Brigham Young University-Idaho. I went without knowing a soul, but by the end of my first day, new friendships were blossoming among my dear roommates and me.


I lived like a caveman in 2003. These pics were taken with 35mm film. My parents bought me my first digital camera for my 19th birthday in 2004, the same year I got my first cell phone (without texting).


Paige and I roomed together until 2006 when I went on a mission and she decided it would be cooler attend school in her hometown. I guess she just couldn't face Rexburg without me. 

Chelsea joined our apartment our second year, so when Paige came to Seattle for a visit this weekend, we had a joyous reunion. 


Unfortunately, we weren't able to enjoy much inner-city playtime, but Paige and I did pay our respects to the Fremont troll on the way to the airport.



And then we tearfully embraced and said goodbye to each other, not realizing until after Paige was in the security line and I was on my way to the parking garage that we forgot to check her bag.


Paige will be an old married woman in January. Man, I'm running out of single friends. But don't worry. I made sure Paige explained to her fiancĂ© that I'm part of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

At the beep, leave a message.